A walk down Music Lane with Trust

11 months ago

TOOYOUNGTOBEOL

80 Total Respect

TOOYOUNGTOBEOL

80 Respect

11 months ago

Okay, so it is no secret that I am a touch older then some of you..well a lot of you..okay pretty much all of you lol. 

Just a quick background, I am 61. I am the youngest of 6 and my Parents were only 27 and 22 when I was born, so we all grew up together. We were poor, not welfare poor, but poor just the same. Music was (and still is) the lifeblood of the family. It made us rich as far as I am concerned and with 8 people, the range of what got played was amazing.

So just for a few ***** and giggles, I thought I would take you on a trip of my music from a time that you were not even a thought let alone anything else.

 

So the first song I am going to post is from 1970 from an Australian Band named "The Mixtures" If I remember correctly my Sister (she is 66) purchased the 45RPM for this (a small vinyl record that had normally 2 songs, a side A and B and it rotated 45 times per minute on a record player, hence 45RPM for those that don't know lol)

So here we go, Day 1: The Pushbike Song. I loved it as a 6 year old lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LZ9TGOGt04

 

Responses

11 months ago

HUGEACKMAN

225 Total Respect

HUGEACKMAN

225 Respect

11 months ago

Yay I'm not the oldest person in CE. 

Hahaha rock on  age is just a number anyway 

"Goodness is not goodness that seeks advantage. Good is good in the final hour, in the deepest pit, without hope, without witness, without reward. Virtue is only virtue in extremis."

11 months ago

DAN

368 Total Respect

DAN

368 Respect

11 months ago

Yay I'm not the oldest person in CE. 

Hahaha rock on  age is just a number anyway 

HUGEACKMAN - 17/11/2025, 10:29:11

11 months ago

THORN_IRONCLAD

-91 Total Respect

THORN_IRONCLAD

-91 Respect

11 months ago

Hell yea brother 



11 months ago

VAELINN

901 Total Respect

VAELINN

901 Respect

11 months ago

Enjoyed, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to day 2 :)

11 months ago

TOOYOUNGTOBEOL

80 Total Respect

TOOYOUNGTOBEOL

80 Respect

11 months ago

As 1970 wound down, so where the careers of the Beatles and Elvis. The Carpenters took centre stage

Led Zepplin had "A whole lotta love", While Credence Clearwater revival were "up around the bend" Looking out everyones back door.

 

But in a small country town in Australia where the main road was called "Old Bumpy Road" the music tastes were a little different.

Just the like the Beatles and Elvis, Mum and Dad's dominance of the music played in our house was beginning to wane, not without a fight though.

The house had it's first teenager, with 5 to follow. All hell was about to break loose on the music scene.

Even though my Sister valiantly pushed the pushbike song into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0pQPN7pboY by the mixtures and my brother really was interested in Freda Payne singing  Band of Gold

But Liv Maesson kept Knock Knock Who's there front and centre after Dad let her in, meanwhile Mum kept Raindrops by John Farnham falling on the Cottonfields planted by the BeachBoys

In his final act of defiance of 1970 Dad (and most of Australia) decided to horrify us kids with this little ditty, Old Man Emu by John Williamson. Apparently he could "Run the pants of a Kangaroo", I kid you not.

And with that 1970 faded into history, amazingly I have ALMOST forgotten it too. Almost, sigh

 

11 months ago

KWYY

551 Total Respect

KWYY

551 Respect

11 months ago

I feel young for once!

11 months ago

SONWABISO

-1 Total Respect

SONWABISO

-1 Respect

11 months ago

Okay, so it is no secret that I am a touch older then some of you..well a lot of you..okay pretty much all of you lol. 

Just a quick background, I am 61. I am the youngest of 6 and my Parents were only 27 and 22 when I was born, so we all grew up together. We were poor, not welfare poor, but poor just the same. Music was (and still is) the lifeblood of the family. It made us rich as far as I am concerned and with 8 people, the range of what got played was amazing.

So just for a few ***** and giggles, I thought I would take you on a trip of my music from a time that you were not even a thought let alone anything else.

 

So the first song I am going to post is from 1970 from an Australian Band named "The Mixtures" If I remember correctly my Sister (she is 66) purchased the 45RPM for this (a small vinyl record that had normally 2 songs, a side A and B and it rotated 45 times per minute on a record player, hence 45RPM for those that don't know lol)

So here we go, Day 1: The Pushbike Song. I loved it as a 6 year old lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LZ9TGOGt04

 

TRUST_61 - 16/11/2025, 08:13:34

 

smallrsa