The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, email, IP address) at signup and during play
- contact details such as email, name, address for the purposes of tracking in-game payments
How we get the personal information and why we have it
All of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To sign up and continue to use Cartel Empire
- To purchase in-game services
- To sign up to marketing-related communications
We use the information that you have given us in order to provide access to Cartel Empire and all functionality within the service.
- To verify login credentials
- To email you when required
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest
How we store your personal information
- Your information is securely stored.
- We keep personal and game-related data for the lifetime of the account to ensure continued access to Cartel Empire.
- If an account is deleted or such a request is received by the primary email associated with an account we will dispose of personally identifiable information within 4 weeks of taking receipt of said request.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICOs address:
Information Commissioners Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk